What to Do When You Find Mold
Mold-damaged property should be restored only by a mitigation professional like RDC Restoration. We have the experience in handling situations like these and will help you get back to normal as quickly as possible.
If you find mold in your home or business, do your best to stay out of the area. Mold can be a very serious because it both carries health risks and can damage structures over time. Proper mold remediation involves controlled demolition and safe disposal of mold-contaminated materials as well as thorough cleaning and sanitizing of any affected areas. A variety of other techniques appropriate to the conditions may be required.
Call our 24-hour emergency line and we’ll be on our way fast. Until we arrive, here a few helpful steps you can take to minimize further damage and speed the remediation process when we arrive.
- If you can identify and isolate the source of water causing the mold growth, stop it if possible.
- Turn off the heating and air conditioning system and make sure it remains off until the damage can be inspected. These units can spread mold spores.
- Bleach will not sufficiently remove the problem. Bleach can provide a cosmetic solution, but it will not eliminate the source of the mold.
- Don’t panic. Most molds are not immediately harmful and reactions to mold vary greatly from person to person.
- See a doctor immediately if you or anyone else in the building is reacting negatively to the presence of mold.